Chocolate Cherry (Helianthus Annuus) - Sunflower "Chocolate Cherry" flowers produces blooms from 5 - 10 inches in diameter.
Pollen-free flowers in reddish brown colors, with dark centers are attracting butterflies and birds.
Sunflowers make an excellent cut flower for bouquets and floral arrangements as well. Grow Sunflowers along borders and fences, or in flower beds as a background plant.
SUNFLOWER PLANTING GUIDE:
- Set the seeds indoors in a flat tray, after all frost danger gone.
- Mix together equal amounts of course sand and peat moss, fill the flats with the mixture and pour water over the mixture until it is thoroughly moistened.
- Plant the mini sunflowers seeds 1/2"deep, spaced 4 to 6 inches apart.
- Seeds are slow to germinate at lower temperatures with optimal germination occurring at 70 F.
- The soil temperature should be maintained at 70 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the soil with room-temperature water if it begins to dry.
- They do not require a specific soil type, but they need direct sun.
- Germination time is 2-3 weeks at 70-75°F.
- After the Chocolate Cherry Sunflower seedlings develop two to four leaves, they should be transplanted in containers.
- Thin the plants to 10 to 18 inches apart so that they can show off their foliage a bit as they grow.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.