Sunflower Autumn Beauty (Helianthus Annuus) is beautiful and easy to grow annual.
Autumn Beauty Sunflower Mix produces blooms that measure 5 - 10 inches in diameter, and create stunning combination of bright warm flower colors as: gold, yellow, rusty red, burgundy and bi-colors.
Pollen-free flowers in orange and reddish brown colors, with dark centers is attracting butterflies and birds.
Autumn Beauty sunflowers make an excellent cut flower for bouquets and floral arrangements as well. Grow Sunflowers along borders and fences, or in flower beds as a background plant.
SUNFLOWER PLANTING GUIDE:
Sow Helianthus seeds directly outdoors after the danger of spring frost has passed after the soil has warmed to at least 50°F (10°C).
Start seed into prepared seedbed that is weed free and where the soil has been loosened. Space the Sunflower seeds 6 inches apart, cover the seeds 1/2 inch deep, and thin the Sunflower seedlings to 12 - 18 inches apart.
The narrow end of the seed is where roots will emerge, so putting this end down saves the plant from having to right itself in the ground.
Sunflowers dislike having their roots disturbed, which is why direct-sowing is recommended instead of transplanting.
However, you can transplant sunflower seedlings carefully into the garden without disturbing the roots and give plants plenty of room to develop.
STARTING SUNFLOWER INDOORS
- Set seeds in groups of 2 or 3 indoors, in a flat tray, 2 - 3 weeks before the last frost.
- Mix together equal amounts of course sand and peat moss, fill the flats with the mixture and pour water over the mixture until it is thoroughly moistened.
- Sow sunflower seeds 1/2"deep, spaced 4 to 6 inches apart.
- Seeds are slow to germinate at lower temperatures.
- For optimal germination the soil temperature should be maintained at 70 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray the soil with room-temperature water if it begins to dry.
- They do not require a specific soil type, but they need direct sun.
- Germination time is 2-3 weeks at 70-75°F.
- After the Sunflower Autumn Beauty seedlings develop two to four leaves, they should be transplanted.
- Keep soil evenly moist but not wet.
- Once established sunflowers can tolerate drought.
- Sow in succession every 1-2 weeks and/or plant several varieties with various days of maturation for a continuous harvest.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.
The worst thing about these plants is that the emergence was so good that it was a pain just trying to thin them. Very happy with these.
Stunning easy to grow and provided great color!
They all grew very well.
Need to plant in spring looking forward to planting in the spring time
Easy to grow.