Coreopsis (Coreopsis Tinctoria) is one of the easiest annual to grow from seed. This showy wildflower with bright yellow petals and red centers bloom throughout the summer and attract butterflies.
- Taxonomy: Coreopsis Tinctoria
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 3 - 10
- Height: 24 - 30 inches
- Bloom Season: Mid to late summer
- Bloom Color: Bi-color
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 6.2 - 7.2
- Deer Resistant: Yes
Package includes: Coreopsis Tinctoria 200 Seeds
- Temperature: 65F - 75F
- Average Germ Time: 15 - 30 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: 1/16 inch
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist during germination
- Plant Spacing: 24 inches
Sowing Coreopsis Seed Indoors:
- ✅ Sow Coreopsis seed indoors 6-8 weeks before the average last frost
- ✅ Sprinkle the seeds over the soil in a seed-starting formula and press them lightly
- ✅ Keep the soil moist at 70-75 degrees F
- ✅ Seedlings emerge in 15-30 days
- ✅ When seedlings emerge, provide plenty of light on a sunny windowsill or grow seedlings 3-4 inches beneath fluorescent plant lights turned on 16 hours per day, off for 8 hours at night. Raise the lights as the plants grow. Incandescent bulbs are not recommended, because they will get too hot.
- ✅ If growing coreopsis in small cells, transplant the seedlings to 3 or 4 inch pots when they have at least 2 pairs of true leaves before transplanting to the garden so they have enough room to develop strong roots.
- ✅ "Harden Off "Coreopsis seedlings before transplanting outdoors. Accustom young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a sheltered place outside for a week. Be sure to protect them from wind and hot sun at first. If frost threatens at night, cover or bring containers indoors, then take them out again in the morning.
Coreopsis can be sown directly outdoors - read more here
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.
I bought these seeds to add color to my yard and I can’t wait to plant them!
The seeds have germinated and i can't wait to see how much they are growing.
The germination rate was excellent.
I have yet to see any growth and it is December in Michigan so I am going to go out on a limb and say April or May!
Planted them in pots on patio. I don't have too green of thumbs. I just put them in potting soil and watered every morning. It was late July/early August already, so I was a bit unsure. But they grew and bloomed. I'm absolutely thrilled at how easy it is to grow them.