Beefsteak tomato is one of the largest varieties of cultivated tomatoes, some weighing 450 grams (1 lb) or more.
This old-fashioned heirloom requires a heavy cage or stakes to support the fruits.
Meaty, bright red and juicy, this classic tomato of indeterminate variety has traditional tomato flavor and is great for slicing.
The size of the Beefsteak tomato makes it ideal for sandwiches and burgers.
Package list: Beefsteak Tomato Seeds 100 PCS
- Start Indoors: 6 weeks before the last frost
- Sow seeds ¼" deep
- Germination: 7-14 Days
- Keep the soil moist at 75°F
- When seedlings emerge, provide plenty of light on a sunny windowsill or grow seedlings 3-4 inches beneath fluorescent plant lights turned on 16 hours per day, off for 8 hours at night. Raise the lights as the plants grow taller.
- Plant Outdoors: 24-36” apart. Tomatoes are sensitive to freezing temperatures, so wait to transplant outdoors until the soil is warm.
Before transplanting in the garden, seedling plants need to be “hardened off”. Acclimatize young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a protected place outside for a week. Be sure to protect them from wind and hot sun at first.
- Tomatoes need full sun and warm, well-drained soil.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.