The annual Phlox Drummondii (Drummondii Nana Compacta Beauty Blue) is excellent for containers, borders or mix with other flowers.
These popular flowers make beautiful cut flowers - they last long in a vase.
The cluster blooms are trumpet-shaped with a short, narrow tube. The leaves are soft, hairy and sticky. For an abundant flower display the following year, allow Phlox to reseed.
Phlox prefer afternoon shade in hot summer climates. Phlox Drummondii can tolerate some hot and dry conditions in summer. However, Phlox do also well even in moisture.
USDA Zones: 3 - 10
Height: 10 inches (25cm)
Bloom Season: Early summer to early fall
Bloom Color: Blue Violet
Light Preferences: Full sun
Soil Type: Well-drained, sandy, pH 6.1 - 7.3
Temperature: 65 - 70F
Average Germ Time: 7 - 21 days
Light Required: No
Depth: 1/16 inch
Sowing Rate: 3 - 4 seeds per plant
Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
Plant Spacing: 10 inches (25cm)
- ✅ Sow phlox seed indoors 8 weeks before the last average frost.
- ✅ Sow seed 1/8 inch deep in seed starting formula.
- ✅ Keep the soil evenly moist.
- ✅ Seedlings emerge in 11-21 days at 65 degrees F.
- ✅ As soon as seedlings emerge, move them on a sunny windowsill or grow seedlings 3-4 inches beneath fluorescent plant lights turned on 16 hours per day, off for 8 hours at night. Raise the lights as the plants grow taller.
- ✅ Before planting in the garden, seedlings need to be “hardened off”. Accustom young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a sheltered place outside for a week. Protect them from wind and hot sun at first. If frost threatens at night, cover or bring containers indoors, then take them out again in the morning. This hardening off process toughens the plant’s cell structure and reduces transplant shock and scalding.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.