The annual Phlox Drummondii (Drummondii Nana Compacta Beauty Blue) is perfect for borders or mix with other flowers.
Phlox plants are wonderful in containers;
The cut flowers last long in a vase.
USDA Zones: 3 - 10
Height: 10 inches (25cm)
Bloom Season: Early summer to early fall
Bloom Color: Violet blue
Environment: Full sun
Soil Type: Well-drained, sandy, pH 6.1 - 7.3
Temperature: 65 - 70F
Average Germ Time: 7 - 21 days
Light Required: No
Depth: 1/16 inch
Sowing Rate: 3 - 4 seeds per plant
Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
Plant Spacing: 10 inches (25cm)
- ✔️ Sow phlox seed indoors 8 weeks before the last average frost.
- ✔️ Sow seed 1/8 inch deep in seed starting formula.
- ✔️ Keep the soil evenly moist.
- ✔️ Seedlings emerge in 11-21 days at 65 degrees F.
- ✔️ As soon as seedlings emerge, move them on a sunny windowsill or grow seedlings 3-4 inches beneath fluorescent plant lights turned on 16 hours per day, off for 8 hours at night. Raise the lights as the plants grow taller.
- ✔️ Before planting in the garden, seedlings need to be “hardened off”. Accustom young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a sheltered place outside for a week. Protect them from wind and hot sun at first. If frost threatens at night, cover or bring containers indoors, then take them out again in the morning. This hardening off process toughens the plant’s cell structure and reduces transplant shock and scalding.
Read the Estimated Delivery Time below the Add To Cart button. Thank you for your patience!
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.