Goji Berry is a spectacular plant, a super-food native throughout Central Asia.
The black goji is known to be more healthful and potent than the more widely known red goji, and we find the flavor sweeter.
The tasty, inky-black berries are exceptionally high in antioxidants and are said to boost the immune system and improve circulation.
Thanks to their ability to fight free radicals, they have been hailed as a food to promote healthy, graceful aging.
It grows as a shrub reaching 35"-59" (90cm-1.5m) in height and the plants are self fertile.
The fruit ripens from summer through early Fall.
Germination Temperature: 20-25°C (68-77F)
Growth Temperature: 15-30 C
Plant Height: 90cm-1.5m / 35"-59"
Germination Days: 10-40 days (depends on temperature)
Light Preferences: Full sun
Package list: 50 PCS Seeds
HOW TO GROW GOJI BERRY FROM SEEDS
Goji berry plants can be grown from seed, but plants will begin fruiting two years after seeding.
Goji berry perennial germination takes around 7-14 days at 20-25 degrees C. However, it can be much slower - up to several weeks at lower temperatures.
- ✅ Sow indoors about 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost in your area.
- ✅ Sow 2 to 3 seeds in each pot, about 5mm (¼”) deep.
- ✅ Use a sterilized seed starting mix, and do not add fertilizer.
- ✅ Keep soil moist until seeds germinate, and then put under bright lights.
- ✅ Optional you can use a grow dome or grow light
- ✅ After the third true leaf emerges, transplant each seedling on to its own individual pot.
- ✅ Goji berry grow well in a slightly alkaline soil with a pH range of 6.8 to 8.1.
- ✅ If you’re growing Goji in a large container, use a simple top soil with some perlite mixed in for drainage. Avoid peat-based soils.
✅ Keep your goji berry plant indoors for at least one year, before planting outdoors. Planting outdoors is best done when the goji berry plant is at least one foot in height.
Goji berry plants establish fast, but they don’t fruit fast when starting from seed. The roots establish enough within a few months of germination to be transplanted in pots.
Plant Goji berry outdoors at least 2 feet apart - it can be trained like a grape vine on a trellis or left as a shrub.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.