- Sow seeds lightly—about ¼-inch deep and 12–18 inches apart after the danger of frost has passed.
- Cosmos don’t need any special soil preparation.
- When growing Cosmos from seeds, it takes about 7 weeks to first bloom. After that, though, your flowers should continue to bloom until the next frost.
- You can plant Cosmos indoors 4 to 6 weeks before the last spring frost in trays or pots with a good seed-starting mixture.
- Keep the soil moist (not wet) at 68° F
- NOTE: Chocolate Cosmos germination can be a little slow and irregular, so be patient.
- Then, move them into 5-inch pots as soon as they’re 3 or 4 inches tall.
- To prolong further flowering, you should deadhead the plants (remove the dead/faded flowers). This speeds up flower development and aids branching.
- Water regularly, but make sure you don’t over-water the plants. Over-watering and over-fertilization can lead to plants with fewer flowers.
- Cosmos can tolerate dry soil, even in a hot, arid areas.
- They prefer to be grown in well-draining soil in full sun.
Read the Estimated Delivery Time below the Add To Cart button. Thank you for your patience!
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.