Coreopsis (Coreopsis Tinctoria) is one of the easiest annual to grow from seed. This showy wildflower with bright yellow petals and red centers bloom throughout the summer and attract butterflies.
- Taxonomy: Coreopsis Tinctoria
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 3 - 10
- Height: 24 - 30 inches
- Bloom Season: Mid to late summer
- Bloom Color: Bi-color
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 6.2 - 7.2
- Deer Resistant: Yes
Package includes: Coreopsis Tinctoria 200 Seeds
- Temperature: 65F - 75F
- Average Germ Time: 15 - 30 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: 1/16 inch
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist during germination
- Plant Spacing: 24 inches
Sowing Coreopsis Seed Indoors:
- ✅ Sow Coreopsis seed indoors 6-8 weeks before the average last frost
- ✅ Sow ½ inches deep in seed-starting formula
- ✅ Keep the soil moist at 70-75 degrees F
- ✅ Seedlings emerge in 15-30 days
- ✅ When seedlings emerge, provide plenty of light on a sunny windowsill or grow seedlings 3-4 inches beneath fluorescent plant lights turned on 16 hours per day, off for 8 hours at night. Raise the lights as the plants grow. Incandescent bulbs are not recommended, because they will get too hot.
- ✅ If growing coreopsis in small cells, transplant the seedlings to 3 or 4 inch pots when they have at least 2 pairs of true leaves before transplanting to the garden so they have enough room to develop strong roots.
- ✅ "Harden Off "Coreopsis seedlings before transplanting outdoors. Accustom young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a sheltered place outside for a week. Be sure to protect them from wind and hot sun at first. If frost threatens at night, cover or bring containers indoors, then take them out again in the morning.
Sowing Coreopsis Directly Outdoors:
- ✅ Plant Coreopsis in full sun with well-drained soil after danger of frost has passed. In frost free areas sow from fall to early spring.
- ✅ Remove weeds and work organic matter into the top 6-8 inches of soil; then level and smooth.
- ✅ Sow evenly and thinly cover with ½ inch of fine soil.
- ✅ Firm the soil lightly and keep it evenly moist.
- ✅ Seedlings will emerge in 15-30 days.
- ✅ Thin to 18 inches apart when seedlings are 2 inches tall.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.