Cosmos Bipinnatus is one of the easiest flowers to grow from seed, directly sown in the garden bed.
This beautiful mixture of Cosmos colors include pink, white, and maroon. A wonderful view of colors in your garden. They acclimatize easily and are attractive to bees and butterflies.
PLANT INFORMATIONSeason: Annual
USDA Zones: 3 - 10
Height: 36 - 60 inches
Bloom Season: Summer and fall
Bloom Color: Mix
Environment: Full sun to partial shade
Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 6.1 - 7.4
Temperature: 70 - 85F
Average Germ Time: 14 - 21 days
Light Required: Yes
Depth: 1/16 inch
Sowing Rate: Plant cosmos flower seed at 15 pounds per acre
Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
Plant Spacing: 12 - 18 inches
- Start Cosmos Bipinnatus seeds after the danger of frost has passed.
- Sprinkle the Cosmos seeds over freshly tilled bare soil. Then press them into the soil 1/4 inch deep and cover lightly with soil, 12-18 inches apart.
- Firm soil lightly, water and keep evenly moist until germinate. Mulches also help retain soil moisture and maintain even soil temperatures.
- Seedlings will emerge in 7-14 days. The seeds may take up to 14 days to germinate depending on soil moisture.
- When the seedlings are 4 - 12 inches tall, dig them up and move them wherever you would like them to grow.
- Cut the plants to 12 - 18 inches high to encourage re-blooming.
- Cosmos plants are self-sowers. Just allow the seed pods to open and drop their flower seeds onto the soil.
Check the Estimated Delivery Time below the Add To Cart button. Thank you for your patience!
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.