Snapdragon day and night is long blooming and makes gorgeous cut flowers.
Snapdragons can be grown from seed sown 6 -10 weeks indoors and transplanted outside after frost.
Snapdragon is a perennial in USDA zones 5 and warmer, usually grown as an annual and it is deer resistant.
- Plant: Antirrhinum majus
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Snapdragon seeds are easy to grow and can be sown outside after final frost, or start indoors 6 – 10 weeks prior to last frost. Freeze seeds for 48 hours before sowing. Do not cover seeds during germination, just press slightly in the starting mix. A full light will help seeds germinate in 8 – 14 days. Transplant once there are two true sets of leaves to your choice of a sunny indoor or outdoor spot. In warm climates, plant in late summer for fall, winter, and spring blooms.
- Days to Maturity: 115 – 121 days
- Hardiness Zone: 4 – 10
- Planting Depth: 1/8"
- Plant Spacing: a group of 3 seeds at 8 – 12"
- Thinning: When 1/2" tall, thin to 1 every 12"
- Growth Habit: 30 – 36” tall bushy upright with 6 – 12” spread and long blossoming stalks
- Soil Preference: Moist, organic, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun
Read the Estimated Delivery Time below the Add To Cart button. Thank you for your patience!
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.