Wisteria is a beautiful climbing vine plant with cascades of blue to purple flowers that look spectacular.
Planting wisteria is best done between October and April. Container grown wisterias can be planted at any time of the year, but are easier to care for in autumn or winter. Plant them in fertile, well-drained soil. Wisterias flower best in full sun, so choose a south or west-facing wall or pergola.
Full-bloom Period: Spring
Use: Outdoor Plants
Type: Blooming Plants
Wisteria seed pods contain seeds.
You can plant the seeds wherever you want.
You can plant them in the spring and the vines will take off as soon as they come through the ground.
Please note: Wisterias are generally slow to break dormancy after planting.
Please be prepared to wait until early summer for your plant to leaf out.
The plants that come up fresh from seed are going to take up to 15 years before they flower or produce seed pods. This might be a disappointment to you, but it is a plant that is worth the wait.
HOW TO PLANT WISTERIA SEEDS
- Plant wisteria in fertile, moist, but well-drained soil.
- Plant it in full sun, somewhere where it will get at least 6 hours of sun each day. Though wisteria will grow in partial shade, it probably won’t flower. Sun is essential.
- If your soil is in poor condition, add compost; otherwise, wisteria will grow in most soils.
- Plant in the spring or fall.
- Soak the seeds in a bowl of warm water for 24 hours before planting.
- Fill peat pots with a soil-free mixture like peat, and plant the seeds shallowly. Cover the top in 1/4 inch of perlite. Keep the mixture moist throughout germination, which can take from one to six months.
- Transplant seedlings outdoors once they have reached between 4 and 6 inches in height. Plant them in holes no deeper than the pots. Once settled outdoors, water each plant thoroughly.
- Water them once each week with 1 inch of water.
- Fertilize once each year, until the plants are mature, with a superphosphate fertilizer like 0-20-0, using 3 to 5 pounds for every 100 square feet
Read the Estimated Delivery Time below the Add To Cart button. Thank you for your patience!
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.