French Marigolds are famous for their scented flowers that bloom in all shades of yellow, orange, and red. This excellent garden performer is heat tolerant, with a long blooming cycle from spring through late summer.
Marigolds make a compact plant that do well in full sun growing 10 - 12 inches tall and will attract bees and butterflies.
USDA Zones: 3 - 10
Height: 8 - 12 inches
Bloom Season: Summer through fall
Bloom Color: Mix
Environment: Full sun
Soil Type: Moist, well-drained, pH 5.6 - 6.5
Deer Resistant: Yes
Average Germ Time: 5 - 20 days
Light Required: Yes
Depth: Press seed into soil and lightly cover
Sowing Rate: 2 - 3 seeds per plant
Moisture: Keep seed moist until germination
Plant Spacing: 8 inches
HOW TO GROW MARIGOLD FROM SEEDS
- Sow 6 - 8 weeks before last frost. Use a starter soil and gently press the seed into the soil and lightly cover.
- When seedlings are big enough to handle and after acclimatizing the seedlings to outdoor conditions, transplant outdoors after frost danger has passed.
- If planting transplants, thoroughly water each plant after planting in the garden.
- If planting in containers, use a soil-based potting mix. Either mix in slow-acting granular fertilizer at planting time or plan to water with diluted liquid fertilizer periodically.
- May also be sown directly outdoors after last frost in prepared beds.
- Marigolds bloom from seed in 8 - 10 weeks.
- Marigold plant care includes removing spent flowers to encourage extended bloom period and to keep plants compact.
- Take care to space properly; marigolds grown in containers can become crowded.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at email@example.com and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.