Aster White (Callistephus Tall Paeony Duchess White) with large showy white blooms will bloom from summer until the first hard frost in the fall.
They are great for borders, containers or garden and make beautiful cut flowers.
Deadheading helps to keep the plant tidy and promotes continuous blooming.
Asters are attractive to pollinators: bees and butterflies.
- Scientific name: Callistephus Tall Paeony Duchess White
- Season: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Aster seeds are best started indoors 6 – 8 weeks prior to the final frost, with germination occurring in 7 – 21 days with full lighting. Aster Seeds can also be sown directly outside just after the frost.
- Hardiness Zone: 3 – 9
- Height: 28 inches
- Planting Depth: Plant 4 – 5 seeds ¼” deep
- Plant Spacing: 18"
- Soil Preference: Rich, consistently moist, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun – Partial shade
- Color: White
- ✅ Sow Aster Duchess White seeds indoors 6 weeks after the frost danger has passed, or outdoors after last frost.
- ✅ Set up 3-inch seedling pots inside a drip tray. Load each pot with potting mix up to within 1/2 inch of the pot rim. Add in 1 inch of water to the drip tray, and let the soil in the pots to soak up the water until the soil surface area gets damp, after that empty virtually any remaining water from the tray.
- ✅ Sow aster seeds on the top of the soil surface. Cover the seeds with a 1/4-inch layer of moist soil.
- ✅ Cover the pots with a layer of clear plastic wrap, which preserves moisture till the seeds sprout. Set up the tray of pots in a 70-75 Fahrenheit place that gets indirect light from sun. Asters will germinate in the dark, but they germinate quicker with some light.
- ✅ Take out the plastic wrap when sprouts come out. Move the pots to a spot that gets a minimum of 6 hrs of direct sun light; water the seedlings when the soil surface area dries out. Once the plants produce their 2nd set of leaves, thin the seedlings to ensure that only one aster remains in each pot.
- ✅ Incorporate a 2-inch garden compost layer into the top of 8 inches soil, in a well-draining outdoor bed that gets 6 hours of direct sun light daily. Transplant the asters into the bed at the very same depth they were in their pots, spacing them 18 inches apart.
- ✅ Water aster plants deeply one or two times a week, giving aprox 1 inch of moist each time, make sure that the top 6 inches of soil do not dry. Spread out a 2-inch layer of mulch over the bed to support preserve the soil humidity.
- ✅ Cut off spent blooms, and get rid of any plants that seem unhealthy to avoid the spread of diseases. Spritz the asters with an insecticidal soap if leafhoppers, mites or aphids end up being an issue.
Read the Estimated Delivery Time below the Add To Cart button. Thank you for your patience!
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.