Nodding Catchfly Triumph (Silene Pendula Triumph) is an annual with deep pink double flowers. The compact cascading Nodding Catchfly is wonderful for hanging baskets, over walls or borders. Silene Pendula is known for blooming fast from seed.
- Taxonomy: Silene Pendula
- Other Names: Nodding catchfly, Drooping catchfly
- Life Cycle: Annual
- USDA Zones: 4 - 8
- Height: 8 inches
- Bloom Season: Late spring to mid summer
- Bloom Color: Carmine
- Light requirement: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 5.5 - 6.5
- Deer Resistant: Yes
Package includes: Silene Seeds 200 PCS
- Temperature: 68 - 72F
- Average Germ Time: 10 - 14 days
- Light Required: Yes - filtered light is best instead of direct sunlight
- Depth: Do not cover seeds more than 1/16th inch
- Sowing Rate: 4 - 6 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep soil slightly moist but not wet
- Plant Spacing: 12 inches
Plant Silene directly outdoors when the danger of frost has passed. Prepare a seedbed by weeding and loosening the top several inches of soil. Press the Silene Pendula seed into the soil but do not cover them, as light will aid in germination. Keep the soil moist until germination take place, in 10-14 days.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.
Started seeds in pots and they just germinated. Hope to have success with this in Texas. They are one of my favorite garden go to plants and I miss having them.
Seeds had a very high germination rate, plants are already well established after a couple of months.
The seeds that sprouted had very few blooms.
All the seeds were planted and sprouted.
Started them right away and have many many sprouts can’t wait to transplant them to the flower garden