The Flame Tomato is characterized by its robust potato-leaved plants that yield attractive deeply-lobed, orange-yellow beefsteak fruits streaked with red stripes. Its succulent rose-gold flesh boasts a pleasant sweet and juicy flavor. This variety is an heirloom and typically takes 85 days to mature.
Flame tomatoes are great for gardening, compact and very productive.
- Start Indoors: 6 weeks before the last frost
- Sow seeds ¼" deep
- Germination: 7-21 Days
- Keep the soil moist at 75°F
- When seedlings emerge, provide plenty of light on a sunny windowsill or grow seedlings 3-4 inches beneath fluorescent plant lights turned on 16 hours per day, off for 8 hours at night. Raise the lights as the plants grow taller.
- Plant Outdoors: 24-36” apart. Tomatoes are sensitive to freezing temperatures, so wait to transplant outdoors until the soil is warm.
Before transplanting in the garden, seedling plants need to be “hardened off”. Acclimatize young plants to outdoor conditions by moving them to a protected place outside for a week. Be sure to protect them from wind and hot sun at first.
- Tomatoes need full sun and warm, well-drained soil.
We're so sure that you will love our products here at Gardening Plants & Flowers, that we offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have any issues with your order, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our GUARANTEED BEST to make things right for you.
Started these over a month ago. They are really starting to sprout up nicely.
Great sprouters - going well.
Good germination rate.
They sprouted, but don’t really grow well might be the soil.
Quick germination. Can't rate flavor yet, but healthy seedlings.